Salary: up to £60k – £70k + benefits
Our client is a dynamic, forward-thinking firm and one of the fastest growing IP practices in the UK. The firm has most recently also opened two international offices in San Diego, USA and Dusseldorf in Germany and they enjoy an excellent reputation for providing IP services primarily in niche specialisms. They are trailblazing in the UK by incorporating IP litigation solicitors with patent & trade mark attorneys in a combined partnership. The firm has a leading electronics and software practice and a significant presence in the life sciences, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and chemical sectors.
This position represents a unique opportunity for a solicitor looking to establish their career in the exciting and developing area of intellectual property.
Reporting to the designated Partner in the first instance and additionally to the Head of Legal, you will be involved primarily in patent litigation, mainly pan-European (some travel may be required.). In addition there will be some involvement in patent and design cases and some transactional aspects of IP.
The expert team of solicitors, patent & trade mark attorneys provides a ‘cradle to grave’ Intellectual Property service for their clients, advising them on the management and exploitation of their own, and third parties’ IP, helping them obtain registered rights, and pursuing those who infringe upon those rights. The firm’s Legal group provides IP litigation services on behalf of clients, as well as commercial advice on licensing and exploitation. The team is led by an industry leading IP litigation partner and is based in London and Dusseldorf. The client base is vast, varied and growing and they currently have litigation work ongoing in the telecommunications, pharmaceutical and FMCG sectors.
Person / Experience Required
- Experience built up working in private practice not industry (essential)
- Experience working for either a specialist hard IP firm or a City Firm with a recognised hard IP practice (essential)
- The ability to work well under pressure (essential)
- The ability to command respect (essential)
- An academic background to degree level in a physical or life science subject e.g. physics, chemistry, biology,astronomy etc..(essential)
- 1st degree of 2:1 or above (essential)
- 2-5 years pqe. and 2 years must be primarily within litigation, ideally patent litigation