Salary: £85,000 – £90,000 (package c. £115,000+, inc; £35k bonus, £7k car allowance, etc)
Our client is part of one of the world’s largest ICT companies, with a growing, global customer base which includes many of the world’s largest companies across all industry sectors. With offices across around the world, they are able to apply local understanding to global challenges and also provide many great opportunities for people to travel and work in other regions.
This role will be based in Berkshire with the Professional Services division, although it may operate from the London offices and travel to client site will be expected, as required.
- Provide security solutions advice to clients about security technology, consultancy and managed services in order to build the company’s profile, revenue and profitability in key existing and target accounts.
- Provide support to the Sales teams in scoping and architecting solutions to our clients’ security problems.
Security Service and Solution Architecting
Work with Account Managers to build and respond to demand from our clients for our security solutions and services.
Work with Professional Services and Managed Services subject matter experts and the partner technology vendors, to architect compelling solutions and service architectures that will meet and exceed our clients’ expectations.
Ensure our overall solutions and service architectures are fit for purpose and provide greater value to our clients than those of our competitors.
Ensure creation of the right blend of technology, managed and professional services.
Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge of the solutions and services offered by the company overall. Provide advice to Account Managers and customers that will promote other company products and services at all levels.
Actively participate in knowledge sharing with all technical personnel.
Work as directed by the Solution Managers and the Deal Review Board to qualify, scope, architect and close significant security services and solutions sales opportunities.
Work with Account Managers to lead and co-ordinate all pre-sales and business development resources required to close opportunities.
Assist Account Managers in scoping and costing proposed services and solutions.
Work with the Bid Manager to respond to solution scoping and architecting requirements within RFXs.
Share knowledge to build opportunities and enhance skills and experience within the company.
Growth of Key Accounts
Support development of account plans for Key Accounts, ensuring opportunities for selling our security services and technology are maximized.
Work with Account Managers to develop the relationships with key decision makers and influencers within the target customers. Present proposed security solutions to customers at all levels with the organization ranging from a technical to a business audience.
Support growth in revenue and profitability for each Key Account.
Ensure existing service provision is renewed, evolving in line with client objectives and the company strategy.
Motivate, encourage and build rapport with others to achieve desired outcomes.
Work closely with Professional Services teams to ensure positive relationships are maintained, working with the Solutions Director to drive service enhancements where necessary, and gaining full understanding of propositions.
Work closely with the Managed Services organisation to ensure positive relationships are maintained, working with the Solutions Director to drive service enhancements where necessary, and gaining full understanding of delivered propositions.
Work with the following teams as appropriate, to ensure client requirements are met:
- Professional Services teams/consultants (Information Security Consulting and Technology Consulting Group)
- Service Delivery Managers
- Global Services teams
- Project/programme managers
- Resourcing managers
- Internal sales support (quotes and renewal requirements)
- Vendor partners
Ensure that new or upcoming customer requirements are communicated and agreed with the appropriate business units within the company.
Person / Experience Required
Experience Skills and Qualifications
The Principal Solution Architect must:
- Have customer facing experience in an information security technical and/or business development role, with strong general security knowledge and detailed knowledge of at least two of: Security Governance Risk and Compliance, Application Security, Infrastructure Security, Data Security or Identity & Access Management/Governance.
- Be able to establish peer-level relationships with both operational management and C-level client staff.
- Be self-motivated and self-disciplined and have a demonstrable and successful track record in selling to technical decision makers within large complex organisations.
- Have experience leading teams delivering professional or managed services to clients.
- Have a thorough understanding of the security market place and the information security issues faced by organisations.
- Communicate a clear vision of our proposition to clients (and internal staff).
- Exhibit strong influencing skills to drive positive change at clients.
- Maintain performance when under stress, and manage time effectively through the application of organisation and planning and project/bid management skills.
- Be able to establish credibility with the team and in front of clients.
- Have a very strong commitment to personal development of themselves and their teams and a drive to develop in both technical and professional capabilities.
- Be willing to travel within the United Kingdom and anywhere in the World when necessary
- Have excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Possession of a current motor vehicle driver’s license.
Successful candidates may be subject to background and security checking.