Ref: VR/ N00910107
Salary: £60,000 – £65,000 (package c. £70,000+, inc; £5k variable bens, £5k car allowance)
“Our client is part of one of the world’s largest ICT companies, with a growing global customer base which includes many of the world’s largest companies across all industry sectors. With offices around the world, they are able to apply local understanding to global challenges and also provide many great opportunities for people to travel and work in other regions.
This role will be based in Berkshire with the Professional Services division, although it may operate from the London offices and travel to client site will be expected, as required.”
In this role you will lead complex consultancy assignments in information and technical security projects. You will be responsible for delivering architectural level consulting projects to large complex organisations and be a subject matter expert in at least one defined field within the IT Security discipline.
As a Principal Security Consultant your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate outstanding strong skills in analysing customer business processes and technical environments within large complex organisations.
- Provide strong technical team leadership on large complex projects, providing strong direction and support for other members of the project team.
- Be technical design authority on large complex consulting engagements within the technical specialisation.
- Develop solutions to highly complex customer problems through the use of structured problem-solving techniques, creativity and intelligence.
- Demonstrate creativity and intelligence in the development of solutions to customer problems.
- Have outstanding business, consultancy and technical skills within at least one technical discipline.
- Demonstrate strong project planning and management skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering projects within time and in budget.
- Ensure all records are complete and up to date, ensuring team leader/members are kept informed on progress.
- Demonstrate leadership in the use and promotion of knowledge sharing with all technical personnel.
- Resource Management.
- Assist unit head in the recruitment process.
- Mentor other members of the practice.
- Business Development.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to develop a rapport with customers and to engender long lasting relationships at all levels within an organisation (IT Professional to IT Director)
- Actively engage in presales activities to generate projects for self and rest of the consultancy practice
- Present proposed security solutions to customers at all levels, effectively conveying the benefits and range of the firm’s Security Services to customers
- Provide support and assistance at sales and marketing events, e.g. presentations, customer liaison, etc.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in the development of customer proposals and liaise with the Project Office in preparation of proposals and answering of tenders
- Demonstrate excellence in the writing and gaining customer agreement to defined Statements of Work (SoW).
- Liaise with the Resource Management and Sales team throughout the sales cycle to quantify, price and organise the consulting resources required for the project delivery (in line with the deliverable in the SoW)
Person / Experience Required
- As a Principal Security Consultant your skills and qualifications will include:
- Extensive experience of consultancy delivery experience demonstrating outstanding technical and consulting capability through positive customer endorsement
- Be self-motivated and self-disciplined with a demonstrable and successful track record in delivering complex consultancy projects to all sizes of organisations
- Must have an excellent understanding of the information and technical security issues faced by large enterprise organisations and the security market place
- Have excellent oral and presentation skills with demonstrable evidence of the ability to present to large and senior audiences of mixed business and technical background
- Have excellent written communication skills with demonstrable evidence of excellent report writing skills
- Be committed to the development of their own and other team member skills
- Have a demonstrable track record in understanding, reviewing and making recommendations concerning the technical and/or business issues of large organisations
- Have a demonstrable track record in maintaining and developing relationships with key technical decision makers within large organisations
- Must have a demonstrable track record in sizing, scoping and resourcing professional services projects
- Maintain performance when under stress, and manage time effectively through the application of organisation and planning skills
- Must be able to establish credibility with the Security team and in front of clients at CxO level
- Must be a very strong team player, with positive demonstrable evidence of effective Virtual Team leadership and Virtual Team membership roles
- Share lessons learnt from assignments are effectively with other members of the practice
- Be willing to travel within the United Kingdom and anywhere in the World when necessary
Successful candidates may be subject to background and security checking.
Possession of a current motor vehicle driver’s licence.