Salary: £18,000 – £22,000
Our client is a niche consumer credit provider – based in Essex, who are expanding their debt recovery department and looking to add a new Legal Clerk to the team.
Reporting to the Collections Manager, you will manage the initiation and conduct of legal action in respect of customer accounts where such action is necessary.
As a Legal Clerk, you main duties will be:
- To receive files from Collections Department, where legal action may be required.
- To review such files to determine whether and what category of legal action may be appropriate.
- To commence legal action either directly or by instructing solicitors.
- To oversee the conduct of all legal cases, liaising with solicitors to provide instructions on an on-going basis following commencement of proceedings.
- To use commercial judgement to ensure satisfactory outcomes in respect of each account under the job holders control, taking into account the requirement to ensure fair treatment of customers.
- To provide comprehensive management information based on the performance of legal action accounts.
- To review the performance of appointed solicitors and make recommendations for change where necessary.
Person / Experience Required
- Previous experience of managing legal action for debt recovery.
- An understanding of relevant legal process and procedures.
- An understanding of regulatory and commercial requirements to treat customers fairly.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Negotiation Skills