Salary: £60,000 – £75,000 + benefits
Our client is a specialist lending and retail savings group, with segments including Residential and Buy-to-Let/SME Mortgages. They are currently seeking an experienced compliance professional with a background in assurance and retail finance, to lead the team and report to the CCO.
Based in Kent, you will work with compliance colleagues and the business undertaking all Compliance Assurance activities for the group and its subsidiaries/business units to ensure appropriate regulatory standards are maintained and developed.
You role will also be to continue to develop the assurance capability of the Group Compliance function.
This role requires direct team management for the compliance assurance team, reports into the Chief Compliance Officer and requires some travel to the Groups subsidiary businesses based in the South East or England and occasional travel to the back office operation in Bangalore.
- Effective management of the group compliance assurance function in the UK and India ensuring high performance standards and achievement of team objectives.
- Line manage and coach all direct reports, including all aspects of performance management, development, conduct, sickness management, appraisals, employee administration and recruitment.
- Ensuring the bank maintains a robust Compliance Assurance programme and reviews and evaluates this on a regular basis initiating appropriate interventions where necessary.
- Ensure efficient compliance assurance in respect of implementation of policies , procedures and processes.
- Liaise with and act as champion for Operational Risk with regard to the preparation of compliance risk assessments in line with the compliance assurance plan and regulatory developments.
- Planning and Oversight of Compliance Assurance Plan fieldwork and report preparation and issuance.
- Liaise with the Compliance Advisory Team to monitor the impacts of changes and regulatory developments from an compliance assurance perspective
- Ensure effectiveness and sustainability of key controls framework and its execution.
- Assurance oversight and assurance management of compliance staff within in subsidiaries.
- Assurance oversight of Third Party Administrators as a member of the Governance Team.
- If and when required provide due diligence support to the commercial team with regard to Mergers and Acquisitions
- Maintain and develop the company’s compliance assurance standards generally
- Assist with and develop appropriate compliance training standards
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training
Person / Experience Required
- 3 years previous operational compliance experience in the retail financial services sector is essential (preferably within the Building society or retail banking sector)
- 2 years previous line management experience is essential
- 12m previous experience of the oversight of third party service suppliers including knowledge of material outsourcing is essential
- 18m previous experience of the development and oversight of holistic compliance systems and controls within a range of disciplines and regulatory regimes is essential
- 18m experience in the oversight systems and controls reviews using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, task and workflow analysis is essential
- 12m previous experience of direct interaction with a Financial Services regulator is desirable.
- Experience of working in a group organisational structure is desirable
Solid knowledge of the FCA handbook including BCOBS, MCOB, CONC, SYSC and DISP is essential
Robust knowledge of the UK Financial Crime legislative framework is essential
Basic knowledge of the DPA is desirable
Basic understanding of workings of the Twin Peaks regulatory regime desirable
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
Basic understanding of the first and second charge lending sector is desirable
Basic understanding of consumer credit legislation is desirable
GCSE or O-Level qualifications in both Maths and English are essential
Degree level education is desirable
ICA Diploma in Compliance is desirable