Location: London, Docklands
Salary range: £59k
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced commercial lawyer to join a leading global law firm, with offices in over 25 countries. In line with departmental growth our client is looking for a Conflicts Lawyer to work from their prestigious London offices, as part of the Risk Management function – with a starting salary of £59,000 and a very comprehensive package
This role is part of the firm’s risk management function and reports ultimately to the firm’s General Counsel.
Working in the London offices you will be part of a team responsible for the management of conflicts of interest and associated compliance issues across the firm’s global practice, including Europe, Dubai and Asia. Your primary responsibility will be making decisions on whether new mandates can be accepted in the context of current conflicts and regulatory rules, and internal policies.
The fundamental responsibility of the role is to analyse and make decisions on conflicts and other compliance issues for mandates to be undertaken by the Firm, taking into account legal / regulatory requirements as well as reputational and commercial conflict implications. Accordingly, the role includes the following responsibilities:
- Assessing whether new mandates can be accepted in the context of current conflicts and other regulatory rules, as well as internal policies, across the full range of practice areas within the firm.
- Assessing and making decisions on whether changes to existing mandates create any conflict or other compliance issues for the firm.
- Determining any applicable conditions upon which mandates can be accepted or continued.
- Analysing information contained in the Firm’s conflict management systems.
- Liaising with both partners and lawyers to establish whether a conflict of interest exists, often in the context of a range of related matters, many of which are highly complex transactions.
- Establishing information barriers.
- Dealing with ad hoc questions/queries from Partners and lawyers relating to conflicts of interest and other engagement risk issues.
Person / Experience Required
- Proven ability to solve problems in a methodical and practical way.
- The ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to communicate persuasively and clearly with all members of the Firm, both orally and in writing.
- Attention to detail.
- Responsive to the demands of lawyers and have the ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative.
- The ability to plan and organise effectively in order to meet business priorities.
- A quick learner able to adapt to new processes and technology.
- The ability to form working relationships with others, both inside and outside of the department.
- In order to perform this role you will be a qualified lawyer with experience of working in a commercial law environment.