Salary: £25,000 – £28,000
Our client is a niche consumer credit provider – based in Essex, who are looking to add a new Compliance Officer to their team.
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, this role will be responsible for documenting compliance and providing evidence of compliance, as well as the overall growth of the compliance culture throughout the business.
You will also be involved with providing new and functional ideas which are scalable across the company and that will result in all legislative requirements being met to a very high standard.
As Compliance Officer, you will also help ensure that the company is fully FCA compliant for full registration in early 2016.
The main duties which you will be involved with are:
- Establishing a Compliance Committee and preparing and implementing the Compliance Program.
- Periodically revising the Program in light of changes in the needs of the organisation, and in the law and policies and procedures of the regulator and statute.
- Developing and delivering training programmes that focus on the elements of the Compliance Program, and ensuring that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, relevant standards.
- Co-ordinating internal compliance review and monitoring activities, including periodic audits of departments.
- Responding to regulator investigations and queries as the principal point of contact.
- Independently investigate and act on matters related to compliance, with particular reference to complaints management.
- Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report potential improprieties without fear of retaliation.
- Implementing written policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Developing effective lines of communication.
- Enforcing standards through well publicised disciplinary guidelines and developing policies addressing dealings with sanctioned individuals.
- Conducting periodic risk assessments and response plans.
- Conducting internal monitoring and auditing.
- Responding promptly to detected offenses, developing corrective action, and reporting findings.
- To oversee and manage the team in dealing with all aspects of the complaints process where necessary including logging, preparing final responses and reporting and to deal with all complex complaints personally.
- To resolve complaints in a timely and compliant manner and in line with the SRA rules, FCA Dispute Resolution rules, FOS Guidelines and internal processes.
- Support the Managing Partner in developing the business approach to mitigating the risk of escalated complaints.
- To ensure a consistent, fair and objective approach to the investigation of and response to complaints, to ensure effective complaint handling and fair outcomes.
- To ensure the investigation of and responses to complaints are of a consistently high quality and deal effectively with customers concerns.
- Being pro-active with identifying root cause analysis of complaints and making recommendations to the business on preventative actions to mitigate future complaints.
Person / Experience Required
Experience in working within an FCA regulated business
- Ability to balance compliance and business needs appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent Customer facing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- PC skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Good organisation and prioritisation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Analytical and numeracy skills
Apply for this Vacancy
Contact us for available terms, conditions and range of services