Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 + benefits
Our client is a specialist lending and retail savings group, with segments including Residential and Buy-to-Let/SME Mortgages. They are currently seeking an experienced Compliance Monitoring Officer with a background in FCA regulated financial environments, to join the team in their Kent offices.
The purpose of the role is to undertake risk based compliance monitoring across the Bank and its Group entities, comprising themed compliance reviews in key risk areas and focused file reviews and call monitoring activities.
- Planning, execution and reporting against the Bank’s Compliance Monitoring Plan, retaining appropriate records and providing concise written and verbal reports highlighting key issues and recommendations for improvement action.
- Agreeing and recording operational management responses to recommendations, tracking progress and conducting proportionate follow up validation monitoring.
- Assisting in the preparation of Compliance Reports to (but not limited to) the Board, Audit Committee and Operational Committees of the bank and other stakeholders.
- Investigation into Compliance related incidents and events, establishing root causes and proposing proportionate remediation actions.
- Compiling timely and accurate management information in relation to the bank’s compliance performance, including conduct risk, and providing feedback and advice to the Business on areas identified as requiring improvement.
- To support the HR function in the identification of compliance related training needs, the development, delivery and evaluation of compliance related training;
- To contribute towards the development of compliance related policies, procedures and standards.
- To assist in the day to day administrative activities of the department including (but not limited to) the processing of data subject access requests, review of complaint related correspondence, product compliance/ treating customers fairly evaluation and sign off and the collation of regulatory returns.
- To act as an ambassador for the bank’s compliance culture and standards, demonstrating the highest standards of compliance behaviours at all times.
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and own compliance training
Person / Experience Required
- 5 years previous experience in compliance, risk management or conduct risk related function within financial services, consultancy, or relevant regulator is essential. At least 12 months experience working in a mortgage environment.
- 2 years demonstrable experience of critically analysing information and bringing out clear implications is essential
- 12 months experience of the development of management information for multiple audiences is desirable
- 12months previous exposure to and understanding of commercial functions and projects such product development, operational processes and other tactical business changes is desirable
- 12 months project management experience including the ability to develop and challenge project plans is desirable
Robust understanding of risk frameworks and their application within a commercial environment is essential.
Robust understanding of and ability to interpret the FCA handbook and other critical regulatory areas is essential.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential.
Significant compliance knowledge to be able to provide value added advisory services to projects and business developments is essential.
GSCE/GCE qualifications in both maths and English are essential
Relevant professional qualifications from compliance, risk or mortgage practitioner disciplines are desirable