Salary: £60,000 + bonus and benefits
Our client is a growing consumer lending group, with a history of rapid growth, who are currently seeking an experienced Compliance Director for a newly created position, in line with their growing business and regulatory requirements.
This role is based in their North West offices and will report to the CEO and Board.
- Maintain and apply a good working knowledge of, key Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) rules particularly those relating to Systems and Controls (SYSC).
- Comply with the requirements of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) Principles, Code of Practice for approved persons and rules (APER) in a CF 10 role.
- Ensures new Approved persons are suitable for their role prior to FCA approval and conducts annual review of Approved Persons as appropriate.
- Comply with all PRIN obligations and defined Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulatory requirements and expectations and, understand how they apply to the day to day exercise of controlled functions.
- Ensure that key regulatory issues including Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) are discussed at board meetings and appropriate action is taken as necessary.
- Maintain an up to date awareness of key regulatory issues and how they may impact on the firm.
- Maintains KRI’s that are reviewed regularly.
- Focuses efforts in areas of potential high risk.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Providing expert knowledge of the FCA handbook especially CONC, MCOB, PRIN, APER, FIT, SUP, DISP, PERG.
- Maintaining excellent awareness of legislation e.g. AML, DPA and relevant bodies ICO, OFCOM.
- Primary contact for FCA and other relevant regulators, experience in liaising with industry groups to identify emerging trends and issues and develop strong positive relationships.
- Reporting to FCA in respect of any notifiable events & regulatory returns.
- Providing guidance and advice on new regulation as well as the escalation following the identification of potential breaches and or gaps in adherence regulation, guidelines and polices.
- Establishing an Assurance vision with emphasis on Conduct Risk activities.
- Formalising the annual Compliance Monitoring Programme and establishing metrics for the Compliance function.
- Review and develop the firm’s policies, procedures, systems and controls.
- Ensure procedures are adequate and all staff are aware of how to apply them.
- Provide expertise in developing and approving compliant customer communications / contracts and marketing material.
- Review and follow up internal audit recommendations.
- Help promote a TCF compliance culture and good conduct risk controls across the Group.
- Governance metrics; owning, defining, monitoring and communicating to the board.
- Produces annual audit report
Apply for this Vacancy